What's it all about?

I decided to write a blog following my training and triathlon season. For me, I have always participated in sports for as along as I can remember, whether it was being one of the only girls playing football with the boys, playing hockey at numerous clubs or running around cross country circuits in the pouring rain. This year I plan to work hard on my swimming, cycling and running in an effort to qualify for the World Championships in Triathlon and represent my age group. I hope that you enjoy my blog or rather my ramblings and feel free to comment.

Kerry X


Tuesday 7 February 2012

2012 Race Calendar

Last week was rather easy in comparison to the week before. Clocked around 8 hours of training, but then I have had a visitor and snow fell over the weekend. I am trying to keep consistent, but finding that an easy week followed by a much harder week works better for me and my recovery.
Managed a 3.5km run yesterday (on the treadmill) so I am slowly building it back up. I don't want to aim too fast, although anything under 25 minutes for a 5km at the end of a triathlon will be good, especially in my first triathlon of the year. (It would also be a PB for a 5km at the end of a tri!)
I have tried to space out the races I want to do, as well as pick and choose the ones which will give me the best chance of qualifying.
The following races are ones I have already entered or plan on entering very soon:-
  • Sunday 22nd April - Lincoln Pool Sprint Triathlon 400m/20/5
  • Saturday 28th April - Rutland CiCLE Event, either 100miles or 54 miles
  • Sunday 13th May - Grendon Sprint Triathlon (Worlds 2012 Qualifier) 750m/20/5
  • Sunday 27th May - Nantwich Pool Sprint Triathlon 400m/20/5
  • Saturday 16th June - Dambuster Olympic Triathlon (Worlds 2012 Qualifier)1500m/40/10
  • Saturday 30th June - Deva Divas Triathlon Sprint Relay Event (Swim only)  750m
  • Sunday 1st July - Deva Olympic Triathlon (Worlds 2012 Qualifier) 1500m/40/10
  • Sunday 15th July - Bristol Sprint Triathlon (Worlds 2012 Qualifier) 750m/20/5
  • 25th/26th BH Weekend August National Club Relays  500m/15/5
  • Sunday 23rd September - London Olympic Triathlon 1500m/40/10
  • Worlds NZ 17-23rd October  (If I qualify!)
I have given myself a few chances to qualify, however it will be expensive and a whole 2 weeks out of work so I have to really give myself plenty of time to save up!
I really want to do this this year, and the hard work and training has already started.
I also hope to make it to London on the 7th August to watch the Men's Triathlon Olympic event. It will be AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. It is in reality a great and helpful piece of information. I'm satisfied that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
    Sorel Women's Cate The Great Boot

    ReplyDelete