What's it all about?

I decided to write a blog following my training and triathlon season. For me, I have always participated in sports for as along as I can remember, whether it was being one of the only girls playing football with the boys, playing hockey at numerous clubs or running around cross country circuits in the pouring rain. This year I plan to work hard on my swimming, cycling and running in an effort to qualify for the World Championships in Triathlon and represent my age group. I hope that you enjoy my blog or rather my ramblings and feel free to comment.

Kerry X


Wednesday 1 February 2012

Clocking up the miles and a TT to boot

So what was last week all about? Sleep Eat Work Train Eat Sleep! It seems to be all I am doing, but I am really REALLY enjoying the fact that I am putting in some hard sessions and clocking up the miles. I have done nearly 40 hours of training for January with 2 weeks of just over 8 hours and 2 weeks of 12 hours +! That is pretty good when I think of how I was in 2010 and still managing to qualify. My running is building up very slowly, but I still am managing to do some 2-3km of running sessions a week.
I have had some excellent swim sessions recently, in a very interesting format with Mary Hardwick again.  Coaching is something which I eventually want to be doing, I think I would quite like to get involved with coaching, and so am on the lookout for a course, once I have some more money!
The other great thing about the end of January is the fact that I got paid (16th December was last pay day!!!) and managed to book myself in on a couple of races, the Lincoln pool sprint being one of them. This is a fairly local event and is a great early season starter and will be pretty crucial for me to see how my last 3 months of training has gone and how my running will fare! It's on the 22nd April and very cheap compared with the extortionate prices that you can pay for races now.
The other great thing is that Spring will be here soon (well not quite yet with the snow forecast for this weekend), but the nights will get lighter and it means training in the evening will become a bit more pleasant!
29th January saw the inaugural Stamford Triathlon Club Bike TT around Rutland Water. We cycled up to Whitwell for a 9.30am start, and let me tell you, the three pairs of socks, overshoes and foil (yes foil) on my feet were not to prepare me for the cold cold cold temperatures!
I didn't manage last place (14/16) however I still have plenty of work to do on that front! Let's see what the spring brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment