What's it all about?

I decided to write a blog following my training and triathlon season. For me, I have always participated in sports for as along as I can remember, whether it was being one of the only girls playing football with the boys, playing hockey at numerous clubs or running around cross country circuits in the pouring rain. This year I plan to work hard on my swimming, cycling and running in an effort to qualify for the World Championships in Triathlon and represent my age group. I hope that you enjoy my blog or rather my ramblings and feel free to comment.

Kerry X


Friday 20 April 2012

3, 2, 1 go!

Hello guys,
Just a quick update as I will be writing a full race report on here on Sunday following Lincoln Sprint Triathlon! Have had all of the emails through and have confirmed my start time for 10.20am on Sunday morning. As far as triathlon start times go, this is extremely sociable and means that I don't have to be up until at least 6.30am!

Training for me this week has take a bit of a back step, I haven't tapered off entirely but I have done a few but quality sessions rather than a bulk of training. Monday consisted of an early morning swim and then a brick session in the evening which was pretty tough. I had Tuesday and Wednesday off as I was away with work then last night was a quick track session of 5 x 400ms just to get those legs moving, but on a rain soaked grass track it wasn't much fun!
Tonight I will be running a quick circuit around my block followed by some strides and stretching and then tomorrow will be a quick zoom on the bike, literally to spin the legs and then stretching and psyching myself up for Sunday's grand kick off to the season. I have been waiting near enough 7 months and when I think back to when I began training back in October, I am pleased that I have just about managed to ward off injury and am absolutely bursting to get racing again. This is just what I need to kick start my year of triathlons.
I have to say though the weather isn't too appetising and I hope that it will warm up soon in time for the 13th May- first OW triathlon of the year at Grendon. (it was frikking freezing two years ago and I think that this year will be no different!).

If anyone else is racing this weekend, I wish you all the best, finally it is time to test those legs and see what the winter training has done for us!
Happy training (& racing!) :)

Kerry

1 comment: