What's it all about?

I decided to write a blog following my training and triathlon season. For me, I have always participated in sports for as along as I can remember, whether it was being one of the only girls playing football with the boys, playing hockey at numerous clubs or running around cross country circuits in the pouring rain. This year I plan to work hard on my swimming, cycling and running in an effort to qualify for the World Championships in Triathlon and represent my age group. I hope that you enjoy my blog or rather my ramblings and feel free to comment.

Kerry X


Tuesday 28 August 2012

A Big Fat Thank you!

I haven't blogged in a wee while and thought I better say a big thank you to everyone that has helped me within the past few months to help me to get to New Zealand.
Two weeks ago, Sara Mickleburgh and I (she is also going to New Zealand too) held a raffle and bake sale in Oakham park. We managed to raise an exceptional amount of money. I have also had a very kind donation made to me by the Lions of Rutland. I have to say the raffle prizes donated were amazing and we raised lots through ticket sales as well as through cake sales on the day. We were blessed with amazingly hot weather (although the cakes did suffer a bit) and we had the help of Sara's family to assist us on the day.
I want to thank all of those that bought raffle tickets but also to those who kindly just donated money. Raising money for a trip of a lifetime has been really hard work, but thanks to everyone's help and generous spirit I will now have the chance to race in GB colours.
Thank you!
In other news, I have been asked to blog for Rutland Cycling, so that will be happening after my holiday to South Africa (family wedding and family visit- Will's family!).
Training has been going well, although I have found that the weather has played a huge role in what training I am doing. I am going away this weekend for 18 days and therefore before I go I am doing a huge bit of training before my return. 23rd September is the London Triathlon at which I hope I beat my previous result and with a distinct lack of training too!
Happy Training everyone!

Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment