What's it all about?

I decided to write a blog following my training and triathlon season. For me, I have always participated in sports for as along as I can remember, whether it was being one of the only girls playing football with the boys, playing hockey at numerous clubs or running around cross country circuits in the pouring rain. This year I plan to work hard on my swimming, cycling and running in an effort to qualify for the World Championships in Triathlon and represent my age group. I hope that you enjoy my blog or rather my ramblings and feel free to comment.

Kerry X


Wednesday 3 October 2012

2013 and going longer

So many of you might know that I am planning to run the London marathon in 2013. But in addition to this, I have been considering longer triathlons and have decided to enter the Vitruvian middle distance triathlon in August 2013. 
Having this race on my own doorstep and having watched many friends competing, including Will, and also having considered what I want my goals to be, I felt that this would be a great natural progression. 
Of course this is early days for making my 2013 season goals, but seeing as the entry opened this evening, and places selling out faster than you can say Vitruvian, you have to be quick to get one of the 1000 places. It was sold out in under 18 hours last year and entries have opened even earlier than usual. 

Anyway for those of you interested, take a look at the promotional video from this year's race http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=S3pTyJgfdRA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DS3pTyJgfdRA

Pretty impressive stuff! 

Here's to a successful race in Auckland, I will probably blog next week as my final run up into the racea
Let you know how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment